Thursday, July 19, 2012

EP Thoughts: 19/07/12

As it is now the summer holidays I will have far more time to focus on my project and so far have done so. I have drafted once again the focus for each paragraph of the dissertation, and this is probably quite close to the actual format I will adopt:


Intro

Content- What is an only child, why do parents have an only child, what myths surround only children- introduce ‘only child syndrome’


Personal- why have I chosen this, what will I gain from it, how will it extend me


Paragraph one

How does being an only child really affect the child?

i)                    Personality traits

ii)                  OWN RESEARCH – questionnaires/surveys

iii)                Social behaviour/skills

iv)                Are only children more likely to have behavioural problems in the future?



Paragraph two

How common is it/do people perceive it to be?

i)                    Data tables from UK

ii)                  Cultural differences

iii)                Famous only children – has this affected their success/what they are successful for?



Paragraph three

Factors that may affect how only children behave

i)                    Family set-up

ii)                  Gender

No comments:

Post a Comment